So Far so Good

By
Advertisement





This is where I have reached till this day with my skills. I have been trying to do this since a very long time. But every time I tried doing Portraits, I was never satisfied. The only feedbacks that I got was good and they would not comment more than that. But I always understood that the painting or sketch was not that good enough. They always had flaws. Sometime the Symmetry  was not proper, any eye was smaller and sometimes the sketch and the photo that I was drawing did not match and turn out into a new person.
Last month I started off with Pierce Brosnan of James Bond 007. The Portrait looked very much close to how the Photo was. I forgot to mention I usually practice from Magazines, Pictures, Old Photos and Pictures from the internet. So I finally clicked a picture of my Grandmother’s Portrait which was in my aunt’s house through my cell phone and started on a Sunday morning last month.
I was never confident in doing a portrait of known people; I always had a fear of feedbacks. I did not want people to say that I am not a good artist. But I realize now that all the time I got feedbacks, they were from people who did not understand art. They were people who would not understand art or the effort of the work. And I did not have any one to guide me in this.
I left practicing from 2002. As far as I remember I started practicing from 2007 onwards. One or two in a month, late night after I come back from work.  I worked as a salesman for companies. Most of the Jobs that I worked were not related to art.
Above  I have a scan Image of my drawing and the photo that I clicked using my phone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What's Trending?

Text Widget 2

Text Widget

Blogger news

Follow us on Facebook